The Rocky Mountains feature some of the most beautiful scenery that America has to offer. And San Isabel Scout Ranch is lucky enough to call these mountains home.
Each year, hundreds of Scouts & Scouters enjoy summer camp in the Rockies at San Isabel. This year, we’d like to send a taste of the Rockies to your home through our photo calendar contest. Anyone with photos of San Isabel Scout Ranch in 2019 & 2020 are invited to send in their very best to be entered into our contest.
Photos to be added to our calendar will be voted on through our social media profiles both on Facebook and Instagram. The top 12 photos will be added to this years calendar and the winners will receive a free copy of the calendar as well as a special certificate commemorating their win.
This example shows how your photo could be displayed in our camp calendar this year. Your name and the year the photo was taken will be featured on the calendar.
Be sure to submit the very best resolution of the file that you have.
Examples of Photos to Submit
Before you submit a photo, here are some tidbits of advice we have for you so that you pick the absolute best photo:
- Look for photos that can tell a story, are unique, and that you are proud of!
- If you choose to enhance your photo using software, don’t overdo it. Sometimes less is more.
- Contrasting colors make a photo more exciting.
- Be sure that the photo is focus.
- If someone’s face is in the photo, ask them permission to use that photo BEFORE submitting it to the contest.
Submit Your Photo
- We ask that each photographer submit no more than 2 photos so as to allow as many photographers as possible the opportunity to be recognized.
- If more than 2 photos are submitted by a single photographer, that photographer may be disqualified from the contest.
- Photos taken in 2019 and 2020 are allowed entry. Any photos taken in years prior are not admitted.
- All photos submitted should uphold the Scout Oath, Scout Law, as well as show Scouts following the Guide to Safe Scouting.
- Submissions must be completed by August 31, 2020 no later than 11:30pm.
- Photos submit are subject to the terms listed on the submission page.
August 31, 2020 – All photos must be submitted by 11:30pm.
September 30, 2020 – Voting on photos will end. All votes will be tallied.
October 15, 2020 – Winners of the contest will be announced and the calendar design will be revealed. Details on purchasing the calendar will be made available.